Likewise, we ride a single gear bike in a city full of steep hills, Seattle is also famous for the avid travelers for its juxtapositions. Having food on private luxury Seattle boat rentals is no different! With Seattle's Nordic heritage and unfounded reputation for rain, Seattleites love comfort food with an unexpected upscale twist. Think pizza with truffle cheese, clam chowder made with razor clams, and fresh pasta created with a sourdough starter.
There are certain foods that Seattle simply does better than just about anywhere else in the United States. Here are the foods that one must specifically try when they are out on vacation in Seattle:
1. SALMON – Salmon in Seattle is delicious in all forms: raw, smoked, baked, grilled, you name it. All in all Seattle and fresh salmon are synonymous. The thing about great seafood in Seattle is...it's everywhere. You don't have to visit any top notch restaurant to treat your taste buds with crisp-skinned salmon or flaky fresh halibut. Anyone searching for great seafood in Seattle, Seattle boat rentals are likely to have this great local seafood on the menu.
2. CRAFTED BEER – Adding to its well-known hipster status, the Seattle area, even the Pacific Northwest in general, has an abundance of microbreweries. It’s all in the high-quality hops, which are just two hours away from Seattle in the Yakima Valley. If you’re really into drinking beer, Seattle is definitely a must visit destination. Because of the local craft beer scene, there are a bunch of amazing breweries in Seattle, and do not forget to visit at least a few.
3. RAINIER CHERRIES – You must be wondering how is cherry a must try local dish while in Seattle? Try one and you’ll understand. Named after the neighboring active-yet-dormant volcano, these beautiful little pink and yellow fruits have a taste that is much different and unique that any other cherry you’ve ever had. Rainier cherry is the perfect amalgamation of black cherry and champagne.
Seattle is the destination of food, craft beer and wine festivals. Here are some of the food festivals that foodies should definitely visit during their next Seattle vacation.
• BITE OF SEATTLE FESTIVAL – July 21-23, 2017- Seattle Center: Considered to be the “Best Food Festival” Bite of Seattle is Seattle's Original Food & Beverage Showcase featuring 60+ restaurants & pop-up vendors, Craft Beer & Cider Tasting, 4 live music stages including a Family Fun stage, free Bite Movie Night on Friday, July 21st, outdoor beer gardens, and live cooking demonstrations.
• SEATTLE STREET FOOD FESTIVAL – July 15-16, 2017- South Lake Union: At the 5th Annual Seattle Street Food Festival in the South Lake Union, food trucks, restaurants, food booths, pop-ups and Urban Crafts at an affordable price will be showcased. Seattle's largest street food festivals celebrate this world cuisine throughout the Northwest. Get ready to experience the bounty and culinary talents of the northwest.
• BALLARD SEAFOOD FEST – July 08-09, 2017- Seattle, Washington: Enjoy your favorite craft brews from one of our talented Ballard brewers while listening to live music. This free two-day festival attracts over 75,000 people who come to enjoy the traditional salmon barbecue and much more: local music, arts and crafts, family entertainment, a beer garden, a skate event, and not to be missed – The Seafood.
• SEATTLE RESTAURANT WEEK – April 2-6 & 9-13, 2017- Seattle Restaurant Week is a great opportunity to visit the award-winning restaurants and rediscover old favorites. It’s a celebration of the cuisine that makes the Seattle region a culinary hot spot. During these dates, more than 165 restaurants in nearly every neighborhood in the Seattle area offer a special three-course dinner menu, and many also offer three-course lunches.
Seattle’s cuisine has more to offer than just coffee and fish. The Seattleites have a pretty mean sweet tooth and they are always fond of delicious food. While this list doesn’t even cover a fraction of Seattle’s best, there are other foods that you can treat your taste buds with aboard Seattle boat rentals and they are worth the attention of your stomach